Welcome to the ultimate guide for Divinity Original Sin 2! This expert walkthrough will provide you with tips and tricks to help you navigate the game and emerge victorious. Whether you are a seasoned player or a newcomer to the series, this guide will equip you with the knowledge you need to succeed in this immersive RPG.
Divinity Original Sin 2 is a turn-based RPG with a deep and engaging storyline. The game features a vast open world full of quests, hidden treasures, and challenging enemies. With multiple character classes and customizable builds, as well as co-op and multiplayer options, there are endless ways to play the game.
In this guide, we will cover everything from character creation to combat strategies, crafting to multiplayer options, and much more. Join us on this journey and let’s explore the world of Divinity Original Sin 2 together!
Starting a new game in Divinity Original Sin 2 can be overwhelming, but fear not! This section will guide you through the basics to get you started on your journey.
Before starting your adventure, you’ll need to create your characters. Choose from a variety of races and classes, each with unique abilities and traits. Consider your party composition and create characters that complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
Divinity Original Sin 2 offers four difficulty levels: Explorer, Classic, Tactician, and Honor. Choose the difficulty that suits your playstyle, but keep in mind that higher difficulties require more strategy and planning.
The tutorial provides a helpful introduction to the game’s mechanics, so don’t skip it! It covers basic controls, combat, and character management. If you’re a veteran player, you may choose to skip the tutorial and jump right into the game.
Tips for Getting Started
- Explore the starting area thoroughly to find useful items and learn more about the game’s mechanics.
- Talk to NPCs to gather information about the world and its inhabitants.
- Experiment with different skills and abilities to find what works best for your character.
- Save often! Divinity Original Sin 2 can be challenging, so be prepared to reload if something goes wrong.
Story and Quests
Divinity Original Sin 2 offers a robust storyline with multiple questlines to explore. As you progress, you will encounter various characters, each with their own unique story and challenges. The game offers both main and side quests, each providing its own unique challenges and rewards.
The main questline of Divinity Original Sin 2 follows your protagonist’s journey to become the Divine, a powerful being capable of ascending to godhood. You will encounter various factions and characters along the way, each vying for the same power and willing to stop at nothing to achieve it. Your choices throughout the game will ultimately determine the outcome of the story.
Divinity Original Sin 2 offers a plethora of side quests for players to experience. These quests allow players to delve deeper into the lore and world of Rivellon. Along the way, you will encounter unique challenges, puzzles, and battles that offer unique rewards and storylines. Some side quests will even impact the main questline and affect the game’s ending.
- Pay attention to characters’ dialogue for clues about quests and their objectives.
- Complete quests for both main and side storylines to gain experience points, gold, and new items.
- Keep track of your quests in your journal to stay organized and on track.
- Some quests require certain skills or abilities to complete, so make sure to level up relevant skills.
- Choices you make in quests can have consequences, so weigh your options carefully.
Combat and Skills
Combat is a crucial aspect of Divinity Original Sin 2, and mastering it is essential to progress through the game. In this section, we will look at the different skills and abilities available and offer tips for building an effective party and winning battles.
Skills and Abilities
There are four main skill areas in the game: Warfare, Huntsman, Scoundrel, and Magic. Each area has its own set of abilities and spells, and it’s essential to have a balance of skills within your party.
Warfare skills are all about physical damage and include abilities such as Whirlwind and Bouncing Shield. Huntsman skills are focused on ranged attacks and include abilities such as Tactical Retreat and Ballistic Shot. Scoundrel skills are all about sneak attacks and include abilities such as Backstab and Chloroform. Finally, Magic skills are divided into various areas, such as Aerothurge, Pyrokinetic, and Necromancy, each with its own unique set of spells.
It’s essential to have a mix of physical and magical damage dealers in your party, as enemies have different strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, having characters with supportive skills, such as healing, buffs, and debuffs, can make a significant difference in battle.
Building an Effective Party
When building your party, consider the different skill areas we discussed earlier and try to have a balance of physical and magical damage dealers. It’s also essential to have characters with supportive skills, such as healing and buffs.
It’s also important to consider the race and origin story of your characters, as each has its unique set of skills and abilities. For example, an Elf character can consume the flesh of fallen enemies to gain their memories and skills, while a Lizard character can breathe fire to deal damage and set enemies on fire.
Combat in Divinity Original Sin 2 is turn-based, and each character has a limited number of action points (AP) per turn. It’s essential to use your AP effectively, as using a skill or moving will consume AP. Additionally, positioning your characters correctly can make a significant difference in battles.
Identifying enemy weaknesses and exploiting them can also be useful in battles. For example, if an enemy has a weakness to fire, using fire-based spells or attacks can deal extra damage. Alternatively, using skills that can hinder enemies, such as freezing or stunning, can give you an advantage in battles.
By utilizing the skills and abilities available, building an effective party, and using strategic tactics, you can master combat in Divinity Original Sin 2 and progress through the game with ease.
Exploration and Crafting
Divinity Original Sin 2 is an open-world game with a vast world full of treasures waiting to be discovered. Exploring the world and finding new areas is one of the most exciting aspects of the game, and there are plenty of strategies to help uncover its secrets.
- Keep an eye out for hidden paths and areas that may not be immediately visible.
- Use the “examine” feature to uncover hidden objects and secrets in the environment.
- Interact with the environment and experiment with different interactions to discover new paths and areas.
Crafting is also a crucial component of the game, allowing players to create useful items and gear to help them on their journey.
- Collect as many materials as possible, especially rare items and ingredients.
- Experiment with different combinations of materials to discover new recipes and items.
- Invest points into the crafting skill to improve your chances of creating more powerful items.
Whether you’re exploring the world or crafting new items, there is always something new to discover in Divinity Original Sin 2. Keep exploring and experimenting to uncover all the game has to offer!
Characters and Builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 offers a wide variety of character classes and builds to choose from. Each character class has its own unique set of skills and abilities, allowing for endless combinations and playstyles. Here are some tips for creating a balanced party and leveling up your characters.
Choosing Your Party
When selecting characters for your party, it’s important to consider their unique strengths and weaknesses. A well-balanced party should consist of at least one tank, one healer, and one damage dealer. It’s also important to consider the elemental affinities of your party members, as certain spells and abilities will have different effects based on their affinity.
- Tanks: Tanks are heavily armored characters that excel at drawing enemy fire and protecting their allies. Popular tank classes include the Fighter, Paladin, and Warfare.
- Healers: Healers specialize in restoring health and removing negative status effects from their allies. Popular healer classes include the Cleric, Enchanter, and Hydrosophist.
- Damage Dealers: Damage dealers focus on dealing heavy damage to enemies through a variety of means, such as weapons, spells, and abilities. Popular damage dealer classes include the Ranger, Rogue, and Summoner.
While it’s important to have a well-balanced party, it’s also important to choose characters that you enjoy playing. Experiment with different party compositions and playstyles to find what works best for you.
Leveling Up and Skill Points
As you progress through the game, you’ll earn experience points that can be used to level up your characters. Each time a character levels up, they’ll earn a skill point that can be used to unlock new skills and abilities.
When choosing which skills and abilities to unlock, it’s important to consider your character’s primary role in the party. Tanks should focus on defensive abilities and skills that allow them to draw enemy fire, while healers should focus on abilities that restore health and remove negative status effects. Damage dealers should focus on offensive abilities that allow them to deal heavy damage to enemies.
It’s also important to consider the elemental affinities of your party members when choosing skills and abilities. Certain skills and abilities will have additional effects or deal additional damage based on the elemental affinity of the caster.
By carefully selecting skills and abilities, you can create a powerful and effective party that can handle any challenge thrown their way.
Multiplayer and Co-op
Divinity Original Sin 2 offers multiple ways to play with friends and other players. Whether you want to cooperate to complete quests or engage in intense PvP battles, there are plenty of options available.
The game offers two main multiplayer options: the first is “Exploration” mode, which allows players to complete quests and explore the world together. The second is “Arena” mode, which pits players against each other in intense PvP battles.
Exploration mode is a great option for those who want to play through the game’s story with friends. It allows up to four players to join together to complete quests, explore the world, and fight battles. Keep in mind that all players will need to progress at the same pace, so make sure to coordinate your schedules.
Arena mode is a more competitive option, pitting players against each other in a battle royale-style event. It’s a great way to test your skills against other players and see who comes out on top.
Playing cooperatively with other players can be a lot of fun, but it can also be challenging. Here are some tips to help make your co-op experience as smooth as possible:
- Communicate with your teammates: Make sure to discuss your goals and strategies with your team to avoid confusion.
- Decide on roles: It’s important to have each player take on a specific role, such as healer or tank, to maximize efficiency.
- Share resources: Be sure to share resources like money and equipment to keep everyone on equal footing.
Multiplayer and co-op are great ways to experience Divinity Original Sin 2 with friends and other players. Whether you want to explore the world together or engage in intense PvP battles, there’s something for everyone. Just remember to communicate, coordinate, and have fun!
Secrets and Easter Eggs
Divinity Original Sin 2 is full of secrets and Easter eggs waiting to be discovered. Here are a few of the best hidden gems you can find in the game:
The Singing Shells
- Located in the Nameless Isle, the Singing Shells are a set of magical conch shells that, when played in the correct order, produce a beautiful musical melody.
- To activate the Singing Shells, have your party members each interact with a different shell in the correct sequence: blue, yellow, purple, green, red.
The Wishing Well
- In the town of Driftwood, there is a wishing well located behind a house with a locked door.
- If you can find the key, or pick the lock, you can toss in a variety of items to make a wish and receive a reward.
- Some of the rewards include experience points, gold, and rare items.
The Hidden Altar
- Located deep within the Blackpits oil fields, the Hidden Altar is a mysterious location shrouded in darkness.
- To reveal the Hidden Altar, have your party members each stand on one of the four pressure plates surrounding the area.
- Once the Hidden Altar is revealed, you can interact with it to receive a powerful item.
Keep your eyes peeled for more hidden secrets and Easter eggs as you play through Divinity Original Sin 2. You never know what treasures you might discover!
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Despite being a great game, Divinity Original Sin 2 can have some issues that players might encounter during their playthrough. Here are some of the most common problems and their fixes.
Problem 1: The game crashes or freezes
Solution: Make sure your computer meets the game’s minimum system requirements. Check if your graphics card has the latest driver installed. Also, try to run the game in windowed mode or lower the graphics settings.
Problem 2: The game is running slowly
Solution: Lower the graphics settings or close any running programs in the background. Make sure your computer meets the game’s recommended system requirements.
Problem 3: The game won’t start
Solution: Verify the game files integrity in your library. Make sure your computer meets the game’s minimum system requirements. Check if your antivirus program is blocking the game.
Problem 4: I can’t progress in a quest or storyline
Solution: Double-check if you completed all the necessary steps and requirements for that quest or storyline. Try talking again to the NPCs involved or exploring the area more thoroughly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I respec my characters?
- A: Yes, you can. There’s an option to do this in the game once you reach a certain point.
- Q: Can I play with my friends?
- A: Yes, the game has multiplayer and co-op modes available.
- Q: Is there a New Game+ mode?
- A: No, there isn’t. Once you finish the game, you need to start a new game to replay it.
- Q: Can I import my save file to Divinity Original Sin 2?
- A: No, you can’t. The game is a standalone story and doesn’t have any connections to the previous game.
- Q: Is the game available on consoles?
- A: Yes, it is available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Divinity Original Sin 2 is a complex and challenging game, but with this expert guide and tips, you should be able to navigate your way through the world of Rivellon with ease. We hope that this guide has been helpful in providing you with the information you need to succeed in the game.
Remember to experiment with different character builds and party compositions to find what works best for you. Don’t be afraid to explore and try out different strategies in combat and crafting.
Share Your Experience
Have you played Divinity Original Sin 2? We’d love to hear about your experiences and any additional tips and strategies you have for the game. Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Thank you for reading this guide and good luck on your journey through Rivellon!